CGPA is pleased to offer a series of professional development webinars aimed at increasing your skills. We schedule them on a Sunday evening and will be using a new platform that will allow us to record them so that you can enjoy them at your leisure. Watch this page for details on the topics and speakers and how to register.
Make the most of this membership benefit!
Please register at the latest by noon of the Friday before the Sunday seminar
Topic title:LEGO® Group Therapy, for psychiatric inpatient setting
- Describe the goals of LEGO® Group Therapy
- Describe the stages of LEGO® Group Therapy
- List the group therapeutic factors relevant to LEGO® Group Therapy
Topic title: Mistakes group therapists make in writing session notes
- Identify 3 mistakes group therapists make in their session notes that contradict the purpose of session notes.
- Examine a template for completing succinct group session/contact notes (…in less than 4 minutes!)
- Participate in discussions around the ethical and clinical challenges associated with writing session notes.
June – TBD
July 21 – 8 – 9 pm Eastern Standard Time
Topic Title: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis: Offering Psychotherapy to All Populations and Increasing Access Through Group Therapy
- Review the key concepts of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and how they apply to treating psychosis
- Learn basic technique used in CBT for delusions and voices
- Understand how CBT for psychosis is adapted into group format