We are pleased to encourage your interest in applying for membership in the CGPA: Group Therapy, Group Training, Group Facilitation.
Our membership reflects the multi-disciplinary dimensions of the mental health field, with its spectrum of theoretical orientations in training, practice and research.
The Goals of CGPA are:
A) To encourage, foster, sponsor and provide for the education of mental health professionals in group psychotherapy via;
- the organization of an annual national conference.
- sponsorship of seminars, workshops and conferences on a national or local level.
- providing, encouraging, and sponsoring programmes and activities which enhance knowledge and skills in group psychotherapy.
- Disseminating information concerning educational programs to local institutions and to individual mental health professionals.
B) To promote excellence in standards of training, practice and research in group psychotherapy via;
- Development of national standards for training in group psychotherapy.
- Development of national standards in ethical and competent practice of group psychotherapy.
- Promotion of scientific research into group psychotherapy.